PROJECT HIGH FLIGHT
Inspiring students of all ages to dream big, and reach for great things…
Project High Flight is an aerospace themed experiential learning package designed to be used in conjunction with a Creativity Focused Learning curriculum. Creativity Focused Learning involves a systematic four year sequence of classes designed to prepare students to be as creative and innovative as possible.
Project High Flight Vision:
A world where anyone can reach for the stars because everyone has access to space
Project High Flight Mission:
As part of a creativity focused learning program designed to reawaken the natural creator within, make access to space available for everyone. Starting with school children, first in the State of Ohio, then throughout the US and North America, and then finally for the entire world; offer age appropriate workshops and classes in a format that reaches everyone, regardless of their ability to pay.
Project High Flight Objectives (short term):
- Develop age appropriate inspirational workshop curricula for school children (k – 12).
- Design and fabricate a fleet of high powered rockets.
- Develop and implement a capability to carry out long duration balloon missions to near space.
- Develop a launch range nearby Miami University for high powered rockets and high altitude balloons. Include facilities to support continuous operation of inspirational workshops for school children to launch payloads and have access to the edge of space.
- Offer inspirational workshops for all school children in south western Ohio.
Project High Flight Objectives (medium term):
- Replicate the above capability in central Ohio by developing a launch range near Columbus, Ohio.
- Replicate the above capability in north eastern Ohio by developing a launch range near Cleveland, Ohio.
- Add additional capability as required to reach all the school children in Ohio.
Project High Flight Objectives (long term):
- Replicate the above capability nationwide.
- Replicate the above capability globally.